If you follow me on Twitter, you might know that for the last few weeks, I’ve been back home in the United States.
But, I’m back today with the Fall Favorites Tag!
I’m going to split this tag up into categories. If you’re just plain not interested in one of them, skip to the next section. I’m efficient like that.
Fall Favorites: Sex
- Penchant Premium Lubricant: I was sent a bottle of this to review, and I can’t wait that long to tell you about it. It’s a “luxe silicone lubricant”, and it’s awesome for people with sensitive vaginas who want the advanced staying power that just doesn’t come from water-based lubes. Penchant comes in a functional bottle with a push-disk cap and has a really beautiful label. Like, even if I didn’t already have sex toys and lube just laying around, I wouldn’t hesitate to leave this out on my bedside table. In use, a little bit goes a long way, it lasts forever, and it doesn’t stain my sheets.
- Sliquid Organics Gel: While I’m still a Sliquid Sassy lover, I have to say that I’m equally impressed by their Organics Gel. I won this during a Sliquid Instagram contest, and it’s been getting a lot of play. Unlike some other gel lubricants, Sliquid Organics doesn’t clump up or provide too much cushioning. It thins out a bit as it warms to the temperature of your body, and leaves no smell, taste, or stain. EDIT: It’s come to my attention that some people (both vulva- and penis-owners) have experienced some irritation with this lube, but had luck with regular non-Organic formulations of Sliquid.
Fall Favorites: Makeup
- Urban Decay Naked Palette (Original): When the Naked palette first came out, my mom bought herself one; and when Naked 2 came out, I got it for Christmas. The problem? She’s cool, I’m neutral to slightly warm, so our respective palettes were actually ill-suited for our color needs. We swapped while I was home last month, and I am really loving the warm and neutral browns in this palette. Sin, Buck, and Hustle are my three favorite shades.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (San Paolo): Cheap, cruelty free, gorgeous color. This is a liquid to matte lipstick, which is a very popular formulation these days. It doesn’t have great staying power, but in my opinion, the ease of application, color, and buttercream frosting scent make up for it. I tried two other colors and wasn’t impressed with them, though, so trust me and stick with San Paolo.
- Kat Von D Ink! Liner (Trooper): This eyeliner is so easy to use and it really stays, which is a big deal for me. See, I have oily, hooded eyelids. That sounds gross, but it really just means that I often end up with eyeliner transferring from where I want it to where I definitely don’t. When it comes to ease of use, I really don’t think you can beat the felt tip pen design. The tip is fine enough to get a nice, sharp wing by starting at the tip and flicking in towards the eye. And the formula? Dries reasonably fast, is blackest black, and doesn’t smudge at all.
Fall Favorites: General Autumnal Vibes
- Yankee Candle Autumn in the Park: Yeah, alright, I like candles. This one in particular has nice apple and spice notes, but something keeps it from being overpowering.
- LUSH Rose Jam shower gel: It’s back! It’s that time of year! I still have some from last year but I don’t care! Rose Jam is my all time favorite LUSH scent. It’s a combination of rose, berry, and a warm vanilla – or at least, that’s what I get out of it. They make a bubble bar with the same fragrance year ’round, but without a tub, I’m better off enjoying it in its shower gel form.
- Reese’s Pumpkins: Seasonal Reese’s shapes are the best kind of Reese’s, because the ratio of peanut butter to chocolate is highest. Unfortunately, they’re also not available in Germany. But I brought back, like, 16 of them, so I think I’m good.
Fall Favorites: Entertainment
- Come Heather: Her reviews are both hilarious and informative, and I would like to have her over for dinner*. You can also follow her on Twitter. In fact, you should.
- Hannibal: Holy shit, Mads Mikkelsen. Like I needed another reason to have a thing for older gentlemen with Doctoral degrees. Let me just tell you, this series was gorgeous, enthralling, and gay as the day is long.
* But not Hannibal-style, even though that’s another Fall Favorite.